Three Strand Scrappy Hat
Yarn: I used leftover leftovers from my Vamping Shawl, 86 grams, approximately 344 yards (holding three strands of fingering weight together throughout)
Pattern: No pattern. See notes below.
Needles: US4 and US6
I had about 117 grams of scraps leftover after finishing my Vamping Shawl, and I decided to use them up by doing a scrappy hat. I took inspiration from Sarah’s (PAKnitWit) recent hat in which she he’d three strands of fingering weight together instead of two. I ended up having to pull out a few extra little scrap balls to finish up with the colors maintaining a more varies appearance, but I used **86 grams total, or approximately 344 yards** of fingering weight scraps that are now out of my stash. Yay!
Sarah’s project is here, for reference (this is a Ravelry link!):
I cast on 80 stitches for this and then increased in the first stockinette round to 88 – or that was my intention, but apparently I only added 6 stitches, not 8, because when I went to start the decreases I realized i was short 2 stitches and had to do a bit of fudging. :}
I also used clasped weft joins to add in all of the new yarns in this hat. I’d never tried it before but it was really easy and seems like it should be pretty secure. I watched Jen’s video on how to do it: