Yarn: FDW Ridgetop DK – MC – Custom Gray; CC – Toxic Green (will add quantities soon!)
Pattern: I used the ghost part of the chart from the Boneyard Sweethearts pattern by Stephanie Lotven.
Pattern for sale on Stephanie’s website.
Needles: US4 and US 5
I wanted to use some of the leftover yarn from Emma’s Superstitious Pullover for a hat, since she wears a lot of hats.
I decided to do a riff on Stephanie Lotven’s Boneyard Sweethearts pattern, which is written for fingering weight. I chose the ghost motif and did the necessary maths to come up with a count that would work for a hat. I cast on 90 stitches on US 4 and did about 1.25″ of 1×1 rib. I switched to US 5s and worked a round in stockinette while increasing 8 stitches in the round. This gave me 14 repeats of 7 stitches…5 for each ghost with two stitches in between.
I did two MC stockinette rounds after the ribbing (including that first increase round), then did the first repeat of the ghosts from Stephanie’s chart, did two more rounds of MC stockinette and then one more ghost motif, which I offset by a couple of stitches so the two bands of ghosts aren’t lined up right over top of each other. I finished the body with two more rounds of MC stockinette before beginning crown decreases.
Since the hat was already quite tall at that point (almost 7″), I did decreases in sets of 7 for 14 decreases all around, making the decreases every other round until the end when there were 14 stitches left. I cut the yarn and ran the tail through them and cinched it up.
The hat still needs to be blocked, but I’m really happy with how it turned out!